Definition of hilly in English:
adjective (hillier, hilliest)
Having many hills: a remote hilly district
More example sentences
- Their collection of photographs contains a pictorial history of the hilly district.
- I had a bicycle, but in our hilly district ten miles was about the perimeter for that.
- The steep slopes and hilly terrain allow water to rush down to the sea.
- Example sentences
- She knew it was one of the two because of the grassy, hilliness of the area.
- Before you use the template, please review the definitions for the four degrees of hilliness shown below the template.
- New this year is a hilliness rating for the longest loop of the ride.
Words that rhyme with hillyBillie, billy, Chile, chilli (US chili), chilly, Dili, dilly, filly, frilly, ghillie, gillie, Gilly, Lillee, lily, Lyly, papillae, Philly, Piccadilly, piccalilli, silly, skilly, stilly, Tilly, willy-nilly
Definition of hilly in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan