- This was associated with infection by a flatworm or fluke infection called Ribeiroia, which formed cysts near the hind legs.
- The same held true when they injected the drug into multiple ganglia that connect to the tail and hind legs.
- Herodotus rejoins that camels have four thighbones in their hind legs, and that their genitals face backwards.
- on one's hind legs
- see leg.
Middle English: perhaps shortened from Old English behindan (see behind).
Words that rhyme with hindaffined, behind, bind, blind, find, humankind, interwind, kind, mankind, mind, nonaligned, resigned, rind, unaligned, unassigned, unconfined, undefined, undersigned, undesigned, unlined, unrefined, unsigned, wynd
- Our second visit was a success and as we got closer to the farm we saw a group of hinds and deer gracing peacefully in the fields near the farm.
- Highland landowners have predicted ‘genocide’ if close seasons, which vary for stags and hinds, are ended.
- It said the harbourer could recognise stags but not hinds.
Late Old English hīne 'household servants', apparently from hīgna, hīna, genitive plural of hīgan, hīwan 'family members'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.