- The lower part of the brainstem, comprising the cerebellum, pons, and medulla oblongata. Also called rhombencephalon.More example sentences
- I found a spinal cord, a hindbrain, a midbrain, a forebrain, all organized in similar ways to my own nervous system.
- The cranial neural crest that migrates out from the rhombomeres of the dorsal region of the hindbrain also has a segmental arrangement.
- The ability to maintain gaze can be profoundly disturbed by damage to the brain stem or hindbrain.
More definitions of hindbrainDefinition of hindbrain in:
- The US English dictionary