Definition of hip hop in English:
A style of popular music of US black and Hispanic origin, featuring rap with an electronic backing.
- We have got loads more Harmonic 33 hip-hop instrumentals planned for this year also.
- Thirty years ago he fused the sound of punk with dub reggae and early hip-hop acts and created something new.
- Nu Flow is definitely best described as the his and hers of hip-hop albums.
1980s: reduplication probably based on hip3.
- Example sentences
- But even in their bleakest moments, most hip-hoppers see something more at stake in violence than mere braggadocio.
- After almost a decade of singing hooks for hip-hoppers like Choclair, Jully Black must be tired of her background role.
- We sort of broke the rule of ‘If you're a hip-hopper you only rhyme.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India