- The ball-and-socket joint connecting a leg to the trunk of the body, in which the head of the thigh bone fits into the socket of the hip bone.More example sentences
- The acetabulum contains the socket portion of the hip joint and must be reshaped to restore its original center.
- The muscles of the hip joint execute hip-joint flexion at the beginning of the vertical-bench bent-leg raise.
- The hip joint is a ball-and-socket joint because the spherical head of the femur moves inside the cup-shaped acetabulum.
More definitions of hip jointDefinition of hip joint in:
- The US English dictionary