(also hip roof)
- A roof with a sharp edge or edges from the ridge to the eaves where the two sides meet.More example sentences
- The centre will receive a new hipped roof to replace the sixties style roof, and the different floor levels inside will be brought onto one level so that disabled access will be easier and the premises will be wheelchair friendly.
- Principal Planning Officer Martin Sellens said an ideal resolution for both sides was to have a hipped roof on the end of the flats block overlooking existing properties.
- The apartment building was extensively rebuilt in 1994/95 and the existing hipped roof was replaced by a Mansard type roof to provide an additional floor.
More definitions of hipped roofDefinition of hipped roof in:
- The US English dictionary