- The more cursive form of kana (syllabic writing) used in Japanese, primarily used for function words and inflections. Compare with katakana.More example sentences
- In modern written Japanese, kanji, hiragana, and katakana are combined.
- Japanese grammar is in an easy script, hiragana, in which each symbol is a semi syllable, as in hi-ra-ga-na.
- The real principle at work is that hiragana is the default, while katakana is marked.
Japanese, 'plain kana'.
More definitions of hiraganaDefinition of hiragana in:
- The US English dictionary