adjectiveliterary or humorous
Hairy: their hirsute chests
More example sentences
- More than eight out of ten hirsute he-males told some infantile men's magazine that their chest fuzz made them feel more manly.
- It's not the hair on his chest that socially disadvantages the hirsute man.
- One of the two is hirsute and capable of weaving, whereas the other is bald and incapable of weaving.
- Example sentences
- In press terms, Kilmarnock have fallen foul to the sort of hirsuteness and limb-flailing not witnessed outside of a hippy convention.
- The almost beardless Japanese point to the Ainus’ hirsuteness as evidence of subhuman status.
- I have recently posted about hirsuteness in men as a sign of attractiveness.
Early 17th century: from Latin hirsutus.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hir|sute
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.