Definition of hirsute in English:
adjectiveliterary or , humorous
Hairy: their hirsute chests
More example sentences
- More than eight out of ten hirsute he-males told some infantile men's magazine that their chest fuzz made them feel more manly.
- It's not the hair on his chest that socially disadvantages the hirsute man.
- One of the two is hirsute and capable of weaving, whereas the other is bald and incapable of weaving.
- Example sentences
- In press terms, Kilmarnock have fallen foul to the sort of hirsuteness and limb-flailing not witnessed outside of a hippy convention.
- The almost beardless Japanese point to the Ainus’ hirsuteness as evidence of subhuman status.
- I have recently posted about hirsuteness in men as a sign of attractiveness.
Early 17th century: from Latin hirsutus.
Words that rhyme with hirsuteelectrocute
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.