- A stationary phagocytic cell present in connective tissue.More example sentences
- Occasional plasma cells, histiocytes, and eosinophils were also present.
- Multinucleated giant cells and single epithelioid histiocytes were often present in association with granulomas.
- Among nonneoplastic cells, only hepatocytes and rare plasma cells and histiocytes show cytoplasmic positivity.
early 20th century: from Greek histion (diminutive of histos 'tissue, web') + -cyte.
More definitions of histiocyteDefinition of histiocyte in:
- The US English dictionary