Definition of histochemistry in English:
The branch of science concerned with the identification and distribution of the chemical constituents of tissues by means of stains, indicators, and microscopy.
- This paper deals with the morphology, anatomy, histochemistry and biochemistry of the glandular hairs of S. jorullensis.
- Similar results were observed when mast cells were stained red, using chloroacetate esterase histochemistry.
- Our study of the anatomy and histochemistry of the seed coat has identified a number of potential dormancy mechanisms.
- Example sentences
- PTA is a specific histochemical stain for proteins, indicating the glycoprotein nature of these zones.
- ADH histochemical staining was performed on tissues of at least 10 individuals of 4-day-old adults as described.
- The anatomic location was confirmed in all cases with histochemical staining for collagen and elastica.
Definition of histochemistry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan