noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Compatibility between the tissues of different individuals, so that one accepts a graft from the other without giving an immune reaction.More example sentences
- Additionally, the grafts also contain minor histocompatibility antigens, which will elicit a rather slow immune response.
- Blood and tissue typing and histocompatibility tests must be done in advance.
- Major histocompatibility complex genes are known to influence the immune functions.
More definitions of histocompatibilityDefinition of histocompatibility in:
- The US English dictionary