Definition of historicize in English:
Treat or represent as historical: he attempts periodically to historicize his text he historicized freestyle with striking aptitude
More example sentences
- The images, on the other hand, do less to historicize artistic representations of the veil and instead highlight recent art works.
- The attempt to define and historicize Gary Hill's ‘video art’ becomes a difficult task as long as we are looking for its essence.
- Ironically, therefore, Wallerstein's attempt to historicize the concept of a world system has been circumvented by his acolytes.
- Example sentences
- But this almost patronizing gospel of high learning forsakes necessary historicization and theory for more myopic designs.
- We see what amounts to a historicization of museum display.
- This collection, however, stands as a powerful contribution to their demand for the historicization of Wilhelmine Germany.
Definition of historicize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India