Definition of historicize in English:
Treat or represent as historical: he attempts periodically to historicize his text he historicized freestyle with striking aptitude
More example sentences
- The images, on the other hand, do less to historicize artistic representations of the veil and instead highlight recent art works.
- The attempt to define and historicize Gary Hill's ‘video art’ becomes a difficult task as long as we are looking for its essence.
- Ironically, therefore, Wallerstein's attempt to historicize the concept of a world system has been circumvented by his acolytes.
- Example sentences
- But this almost patronizing gospel of high learning forsakes necessary historicization and theory for more myopic designs.
- We see what amounts to a historicization of museum display.
- This collection, however, stands as a powerful contribution to their demand for the historicization of Wilhelmine Germany.
Definition of historicize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.