- 1A list of people to be killed for criminal or political reasons: a terrorist hit listMore example sentences
- Those on the hit list were to be killed for their criticism of radical Islam, the letter said.
- To Daycan's mind she muttered: ‘All the people on my hit list have reasons for my revenge.’
- The famous quote that ‘if they have a hit list, I too have one’ is attributed to Mr. Ribeiro.
- 1.1A list of people or things selected as the object of a certain treatment or course of action: we do not know at the moment whether health and education are also at the top of the government’s hit listMore example sentences
- Scarborough was placed on an NHS "hit list" of trusts to be subjected to spot checks last year after the Department of Health first become concerned.
- With this in mind, we have drawn up a hit list of executive directors who are surplus to requirements and should bow out gracefully.
- The coffee chain has been top of anti-capitalist hit lists for the past few years, with outlets targeted by violent demonstrators.
More definitions of hit listDefinition of hit list in:
- The US English dictionary