- A coarse cake of maize flour, originally baked on the blade of a hoe.More example sentences
- Three hours later, two steaks, seven hoecakes, five cups of coffee and a huge plate of beans later, he stepped out of Mary's place, contented for the first time in well over a month.
- During the colonial period, heavy breakfast meals of hoecakes and molasses were prepared to fuel the slaves for work.
- He baked hoecakes for the kids in a skillet over an open fire.
More definitions of hoecakeDefinition of hoecake in:
- The US English dictionary