A short-legged heavily built deer having a yellow-brown coat with darker underparts, found in grasslands and paddy fields in SE Asia.
- Cervus porcinus, family Cervidae
More example sentences
- ‘Illegal trapping and killing of wildlife in Manas has already taken a toll on larger mammals, such as the rhinoceros, tiger, swamp deer, and hog deer,’ said Narayan.
- Enclosures of the hyena, the black buck, the swamp deer, the sambar, the hog deer and the cape buffalo have been repaired and improved, while the lone African elephant has been provided a new home.
- One can watch herds of elephant, hog deer, chital, wild boar and an array of birds at Dhikala chaur (a grassland in the core area of the park) and if you are lucky, even that elusive striped predator, the tiger!
Definition of hog deer in:
- The US English dictionary