- A tropical tree which bears edible plum-like fruit, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a Caribbean tree with yellow fruit (Spondias mombin, family Anacardiaceae). ● ( American hog plum) an American tree with bitter fruit and timber that is used as a sandalwood substitute (Ximenia americana, family Olacaceae).
- The fruit and flower of the hog plum occur right on the branches as opposed to hanging from the tips.
- Step 5: When all the moisture in the hog plums evaporates and the hog plums begin to curl up, shut off the flame.
- It is know under several regional names such as hog plum or yellow mombin and is commonly used as a human food source.
late 17th century: so named because the fruit is common food for hogs in the West Indies and Brazil.
More definitions of hog plumDefinition of hog plum in:
- The US English dictionary