Definition of hogget in English:
1British A yearling sheep.
- The entry of 1,700 ewes was similar overall to previous years but with more older sheep than hoggets.
- They said hoggets were now gone out of the system and the supermarkets have changed over to spring lamb.
- I keep most of my lambs for a whole year, and slaughter them in their second spring, when they are traditionally known as hoggets.
1.1NZ A lamb between weaning and first shearing.
- Researchers in Cowra are gathering the most comprehensive data ever assembled on growth and meat quality for lambs growing into hoggets.
- He dropped the ewe count back to 750 and grazed 200 hoggets. 750 ewes at that time was regarded as an economic unit.
- The three-year research project has found that grazing hoggets on saltbush, supplemented with barley, raised the vitamin E content of meat from 2.5 to 6.5 milligrams per kilogram.
Words that rhyme with hoggetfrigate • Tlingit
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan