Definition of hogget in English:
1British A yearling sheep.
- The entry of 1,700 ewes was similar overall to previous years but with more older sheep than hoggets.
- They said hoggets were now gone out of the system and the supermarkets have changed over to spring lamb.
- I keep most of my lambs for a whole year, and slaughter them in their second spring, when they are traditionally known as hoggets.
1.1NZ A lamb between weaning and first shearing.
- Researchers in Cowra are gathering the most comprehensive data ever assembled on growth and meat quality for lambs growing into hoggets.
- He dropped the ewe count back to 750 and grazed 200 hoggets. 750 ewes at that time was regarded as an economic unit.
- The three-year research project has found that grazing hoggets on saltbush, supplemented with barley, raised the vitamin E content of meat from 2.5 to 6.5 milligrams per kilogram.
Words that rhyme with hoggetfrigate • Tlingit
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.