noun (plural same)
- another term for haiku.More example sentences
- Haiku written before 1892 are more correctly known as hokku, the beginning verse of hakkai poetry.
- It was only in the 19th century that the hokku became haiku and was stripped of its connection to the renga.
- He took this opening verse, the hokku, and refined it to become what is now known as the haiku.
Japanese, literally 'opening verse' (of a linked sequence of comic verses).
More definitions of hokkuDefinition of hokku in:
- The US English dictionary