- Hesitate to act or speak: he held back, remembering the mistake he had made beforeMore example sentences
- Whereas most DJs put on this all pervasive and all-knowing on-air persona, he holds back and comes across as merely another average guy just trying to get his head around this strange world we live in.
- However, it holds back from actually making a critical judgment.
- Our very opinionated panel never holds back on the big stories of the week.
More definitions of hold backDefinition of hold back in:
- The US English dictionary