- A large rectangular bag with handles and a shoulder strap, used for carrying clothes and other personal belongings.More example sentences
- ‘The smaller one, the one with the shotgun, returned to the exhibition room carrying two holdalls over his shoulder,’ said Mr Fisher.
- I've lost count of the number of tube travellers I've seen laden with both tiny handbag and big rucksack, or huge holdall and little shoulder bag.
- Although the museum asks that bags be left at the entrance, they walk through its artefact-filled rooms carrying large holdalls.
More definitions of holdallDefinition of holdall in:
- The US English dictionary