Definition of holdback in English:
1A thing serving to hold something else in place: a curtain holdback
More example sentences
- And in that spirit, I'm going to be spending a bit of time putting up various hooks to hang mobiles, curtain holdbacks, etc.
- Be sure to attach to a drapery holdback that is secured to the wall.
- Most manufacturers make it possible to mix and match poles, drapery rings, decorative finials and holdbacks in a variety of finishes - from white and ebony to antique gold, brass and copper.
2A sum of money withheld under certain conditions.
- The holdback is 2 or 3 percent of the total purchase price of the car.
- This holdback is only payable to members of the executive council if the public accounts for that year show that the budget targets were achieved.
- The only holdbacks are for deficiencies and for work not completed.
Definition of holdback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan