- A large container in which liquids are temporarily held: • figurative have the universities become holding tanks for those who cannot find jobs?More example sentences
- They could also find themselves shelling out thousands of pounds to install leak proof concrete flooring beneath their muck heaps with a sealed holding tank for the liquid which runs off.
- The building's distance from a water source meant that a holding tank would have been required.
- Our 18-foot flat-bottomed aluminum boat contained a holding tank for keeping the fish while we tagged them.
More definitions of holding tankDefinition of holding tank in:
- The US English dictionary