- A person or thing surviving from an earlier time, especially someone surviving in office: Young is the only holdover from the 2002 teamMore example sentences
- More than two-thirds of the appointees are holdovers from the previous cabinet.
- But in reality, Daylight Savings Time is an archaic holdover from a time when people relied on candles all the time.
- Eight of them are women and 16 are holdovers from the previous Cabinet.
More definitions of holdoverDefinition of holdover in:
- The US English dictionary