1chiefly Philosophy Characterized by the belief that the parts of something are intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
- If so, a paradigm shift to the holistic approach might be managed.
- Moreover, holistic method has proved useful in the hard sciences, for example in the geological theory of plate tectonics.
- I think where Chaos and Complexity theory are really going, is, a holistic understanding of the universe.
1.1 Medicine Characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
- These clinics also employ holistic approaches to cancer treatment such as meditation, visualisation, massage and so on.
- We believe that recovery is a process that heals the whole person therefore, we take a holistic approach to treatment.
- Our local strategy is based on a holistic view of health care that integrates primary, intermediate, and secondary care.
- Example sentences
- It is important that this proposal be treated holistically; it's not appropriate to separate out aspects of it, but we have broken it into sections to allow for discussion of the 4 elements.
- Under such conditions, it is not surprising that many questions arose, as to whether we would be able to resolve the multi-faceted problems quickly and holistically.
- ‘I knew I had to do this holistically by addressing the spiritual, physical and emotional parts of me,’ she said.
Words that rhyme with holisticaoristic, artistic, autistic, cystic, deistic, distich, egoistic, fistic, juristic, logistic, monistic, mystic, puristic, sadistic, Taoistic, theistic, truistic, veristic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hol|is¦tic
Definition of holistic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.