- (Of a person) having deeply sunk eyes, typically as a result of illness or tiredness: the children were emaciated and hollow-eyedMore example sentences
- His good looks remained, but he was hollow-eyed and pale.
- Lou's adrenalin is pumping and she wants to continue, but the rest of the team are hollow-eyed with exhaustion, and it would be quite dangerous to go on.
- Somebody suggested he probably looks a little more hollow-eyed and gaunt, because he's probably lost some weight, but it's worth the effort.
More definitions of hollow-eyedDefinition of hollow-eyed in:
- The US English dictionary