Definition of Hollywoodize in English:
verb[with object] informal, derogatory
Adapt (a story or series of events) so as to conform to the supposed norms of a typical Hollywood film, especially in respect of being unrealistically glamorous, exciting, or simplistic: for this movie, the real doctor’s life story has been significantly Hollywoodized
More example sentences
- My effort has been to Hollywoodize the form.
- The decision made to Hollywoodize this crucial human aspect of the story was all I needed to know in my resolution not to waste my money on the ticket price.
- But Spielberg does more than Hollywoodize the story.
- Hollywoodization noun
- Example sentences
- Simliarly, the film is amazingly effective for a fairly overblown Hollywoodization of a simple, lovely original.
- He describes the 'Hollywoodization of political culture'.
- Is Sundance's exportation of the indie-film mindset to other countries also an opportunity for other national cinemas to survive global Hollywoodization?
Definition of Hollywoodize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.