Definition of hologram in English:
1A three-dimensional image formed by the interference of light beams from a laser or other coherent light source.
- Those blend at the chip with unfettered laser light to create a hologram of the tumor interior.
- One entire hangar was dedicated to video art and films, as well as kinetic light art and holograms.
- Several times, he crossed the path of the beams and distorted the communication hologram image.
1.1A photograph of an interference pattern which, when suitably illuminated, produces a three-dimensional image.
- The new licences meet international standards, featuring micro-printing, holograms and images only visible in ultraviolet light.
- These were real IDs in fake names, with all the holograms and micro printing and whatever else the driver's licenses have to make them hard to forge.
- Maybe one day soon you'll have polarization holograms in your wallet protecting your data.
Definition of hologram in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan