- A man’s felt hat having a narrow curled brim and a tapered crown with a lengthwise indentation.More example sentences
- More often than not I sport the headwear of the retired gentleman - a classless corduroy cap, but hope to see the day when the bowler, the homburg and the trilby, like the mini-skirt, become fashionable again.
- The most common hat for men in the synagogue is a small round cap called a yarmulke or a kippah, but an ordinary homburg or street hat will be accepted.
- It was the men, some of them wearing Chesterfield coats and homburgs, who lined up at the soup kitchens with drooping shoulders and eyes that never looked up from the sidewalk.
late 19th century: named after Homburg, a town in western Germany, where such hats were first worn.
More definitions of homburgDefinition of homburg in:
- The US English dictionary