Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of home base in English:
1A place from which operations or activities are carried out; headquarters.
- But these crews never see their families, and there is no home base.
- Both squadrons are disbanding on Friday at their home base of Valkenburg, the Netherlands, and their final overseas visit was to Wales.
- One of the problems is the fact the enemy has no home base, so conventional approaches are limited.
1.1The objective toward which players progress in certain games.
- There used to be lines in the middle designating a sort of home base, like in the childhood game of tag.
- ‘But my hunch is that in this game this time first base is closer to home base than it may appear’.
- She hit the ball and brought 2 other players in her team back to home base as well as herself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.