Definition of home brew in English:
1.1 [as modifier] informal , chiefly US Made at home, rather than in a shop or factory: a home-brew radio transmitter
More example sentences
- If I were running a political campaign of any size, I would be asking my candidate's supporters to send in their best ideas and home-brew advertisements.
- The home-brew robots battling it out on TV inspired Michael to open a for-profit robot club of his very own.
- In most home-brew cars, the charger is a separate box located under the hood, or could even be a free-standing unit that is separate from the car.
- Example sentences
- My dad's drinking had increased to the point where he was making his own home-brewed wine and beer.
- They also sell a home-brewed Tibetan rice beer.
- The inn has since become a popular landmark and was famed for its home-brewed beers until recently when brewing on the premises stopped.
Definition of home brew in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia