1.1 [as modifier] informal, chiefly US Made at home, rather than in a shop or factory: a home-brew radio transmitter
More example sentences
- If I were running a political campaign of any size, I would be asking my candidate's supporters to send in their best ideas and home-brew advertisements.
- The home-brew robots battling it out on TV inspired Michael to open a for-profit robot club of his very own.
- In most home-brew cars, the charger is a separate box located under the hood, or could even be a free-standing unit that is separate from the car.
- Example sentences
- My dad's drinking had increased to the point where he was making his own home-brewed wine and beer.
- They also sell a home-brewed Tibetan rice beer.
- The inn has since become a popular landmark and was famed for its home-brewed beers until recently when brewing on the premises stopped.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: home brew
Definition of home brew in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.