The civilian population and activities of a nation whose armed forces are engaged in war abroad: the second world war was drawing local medical staff away from the home front
More example sentences
- During the dark days of World War Two he kept the home front happy with memorable radio plays.
- The soldiers fight to protect the home front and to protect future terror.
- There is no better way to connect the front lines to the home front than to provide that prepaid calling card.
on the home front
- At home; domestically: there were sad developments on the home front when his wife diedMore example sentences
- On the home front this holiday season, many Americans are showing their support for the troops.
- On the home front, there is a national election to be planned, fought, and won.
- On the home front, evidence of a strengthening of economic activity continues to accumulate.
Definition of home front in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.