- The port from which a ship originates.More example sentences
- HMS Sheffield has set sail from her home port of Plymouth and is steering a course for sunnier climes at the start of a six-month deployment to the Caribbean.
- Normally based at HMAS Waterhen in Sydney, it will still be several months before the 11 sailors reach their home port.
- HMS Cornwall put to sea for the first time in almost a year as her refit in her home port of Devonport came to a close.
More definitions of home portDefinition of home port in:
- The US English dictionary