Definition of homemaker in English:
nounchiefly North American
A person, especially a woman, who manages a home.
- The panel was an interesting mix of college students, government officers, lawyers, and homemakers.
- Most of my students are office workers, or writers, or homemakers.
- A group of Japanese homemakers approached a local farmer with the idea of making a financial commitment to the farm in exchange for fruits and vegetables grown just the way they liked.
- Example sentences
- I think housekeeping is closely linked to homemaking.
- Something went wrong with their education if they think the world was a better place when their only option was homemaking - a fine choice, if that's what you want to do.
- Later in life, shy women fare better than shy men, presumably because traditional roles such as marriage and homemaking place them in fewer stressful and novel situations.
Definition of homemaker in:
- US English dictionary