- Any of a class of closely similar sequences which occur in various genes and are involved in regulating embryonic development in a wide range of species: [as modifier]: homeobox geneMore example sentences
- Black vertical lines indicate the typical homeobox gene family and gray vertical lines the atypical homeobox gene family.
- A homeobox gene involved in setting up the mammalian body plan also appears to control grooming behavior in mice.
- Because of their fundamental importance in development, homeobox genes are of substantial interest to evolutionary biologists as they may provide key information on the evolution of development.
More definitions of homeoboxDefinition of homeobox in:
- The US English dictionary