Definition of homeopathy in English:
A system of complementary medicine in which ailments are treated by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of the ailment. Often contrasted with allopathy.
- He practises a multi-therapy system using acupuncture with homoeopathy and nutritional therapy to treat chronic diseases.
- For this reason, many people turn to complementary therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture and herbal remedies.
- In homeopathy, dosage is minute and symptoms are meant to intensify as part of the self-healing process.
- Example sentences
- Throughout the century, homeopathists, herbalists, practitioners of electro-magnetism, and other unorthodox healers continued to attract patients and test the reach of the law.
- At least homeopathists believe what they are saying.
- ‘I would have had no objection to a homeopathist sharing the show,’ he says, ‘because it would have been even more convincing to the viewers that arguments of homeopathists against providing information are untenable.’
Pronunciation: /ˌhəʊmɪˈɒpəθɪst/ /ˌhɒmɪˈɒpəθɪst/noun
Words that rhyme with homeopathyencephalopathy, osteopathy
Definition of homeopathy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.