Definition of homeopathy in English:
A system of complementary medicine in which ailments are treated by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of the ailment. Often contrasted with allopathy.
- He practises a multi-therapy system using acupuncture with homoeopathy and nutritional therapy to treat chronic diseases.
- For this reason, many people turn to complementary therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture and herbal remedies.
- In homeopathy, dosage is minute and symptoms are meant to intensify as part of the self-healing process.
- Example sentences
- Throughout the century, homeopathists, herbalists, practitioners of electro-magnetism, and other unorthodox healers continued to attract patients and test the reach of the law.
- At least homeopathists believe what they are saying.
- ‘I would have had no objection to a homeopathist sharing the show,’ he says, ‘because it would have been even more convincing to the viewers that arguments of homeopathists against providing information are untenable.’
Definition of homeopathy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan