Educate (one’s child) at home instead of sending them to a school.
- Their options now will be private schools or home-schooling.
- Within the last decade, however, home-schooling has become part of the mainstream in education reform discussions.
- A lot of home-schooling organizations offer opportunities to link such students.
- Example sentences
- Calvin McCarter, a fifth grade home-schooler from Jenison, MI, beat a roomful of older kids Wednesday, making him one of the two youngest students ever to win the competition.
- Michelle Malkin blasts the California education bureaucracy's effort to drive home-schoolers out of business.
- But many schools are indeed quite decent - even if not great - and if home-schoolers withdraw their kids from that school, then they need to be able to provide at least a minimal quality education, and prove that they're doing so.
Definition of homeschool in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.