Definition of homesick in English:
Experiencing a longing for one’s home during a period of absence from it: he was homesick for America after five weeks in Europe
More example sentences
- I felt homesick for a while, but then, after about four or five days, I started to love it.
- He worked in Hamilton for a year, but was always homesick.
- Mike's been fortunate enough to head home about three times a year, but he's never really found himself homesick.
- Example sentences
- I'm trying to figure out if it's homesickness, nostalgia or if I'm mourning for something important.
- Still, Indian students might experience the occasional bout of homesickness and face challenges from the weather and the food.
- What I was experiencing was a wave of homesickness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan