Experiencing a longing for one’s home during a period of absence from it: he was homesick for America after five weeks in Europe
More example sentences
- I felt homesick for a while, but then, after about four or five days, I started to love it.
- He worked in Hamilton for a year, but was always homesick.
- Mike's been fortunate enough to head home about three times a year, but he's never really found himself homesick.
- More example sentences
- I'm trying to figure out if it's homesickness, nostalgia or if I'm mourning for something important.
- Still, Indian students might experience the occasional bout of homesickness and face challenges from the weather and the food.
- What I was experiencing was a wave of homesickness.