- 1A holiday or other period abroad spent staying in the home of a local family: my three-week homestay in southern Japan [as modifier]: a homestay programmeMore example sentences
- Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito was reunited Wednesday with Colin Harper who was his host for his weeklong homestay in Australia in 1974.
- The girls fly out on August 4, and after the camp with enjoy homestay visits for the next few days with Korean families before returning on August 12.
- I'm hopeful that this minor illness, that has been with me since my homestay, will disappear by tomorrow.
- 1.1chiefly Australian /NZ A private house offering accommodation to paying guests: we had a another relaxing swim and then returned to the homestayMore example sentences
- I heard cuckoos in the woods near my homestay in Switzerland.
- Getting into bed was the first problem at her homestay.
- We took the remaining 3 pieces back to the homestay.
More definitions of homestayDefinition of homestay in:
- The US English dictionary