noun[mass noun] North American
- Life as a settler on a homestead.More example sentences
- In these books, Micheaux brings to the Great Plains the ideals of homesteading as cemented in the Homestead Act of 1862.
- I've read lots of books and magazines about self sufficiency and homesteading and your magazine has always been my favorite guide and reference.
- In fact, Micheaux's homesteading in South Dakota in 1905 was relatively late in the history of African-American settlement west of the Mississippi River.
More definitions of homesteadingDefinition of homesteading in:
- The US English dictionary