Definition of homiletic in English:
Of the nature of or characteristic of a homily: homiletic literature
More example sentences
- Finally, there are wonderful entries on pastoral, homiletic, and liturgical practices in the North African church, and also reports on the extensive archeological research at sites connected to his life and times.
- Yet his decade of pastoral ministry at Durham also left a communal and homiletic legacy that has not received the recognition it deserves.
- Based on what we know of Lightfoot's homiletic method, there is good evidence that the Trustees' text represents his finished and delivered manuscript.
noun(homiletics) Back to top
The art of preaching or writing sermons: the teaching of homiletics
More example sentences
- But what I was able to discover confirmed my impression that the theology of preaching is rarely addressed in the contemporary teaching of homiletics in the Episcopal seminaries.
- Despite having spent 11 years as a pastor and having taught homiletics for a short while, I was not eager to begin a fresh sermon preparation so late on a Saturday afternoon.
- Since this collection of essays comes from scholars of history, theology, and homiletics, as well as from biblical scholars, it will surely engage the attention of a wide body of those committed to theological education.
Words that rhyme with homileticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
Definition of homiletic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan