noun[mass noun] US
- Coarsely ground corn (maize) used to make grits: [as modifier]: hominy gritsMore example sentences
- In this case what is being coarsely ground is hominy.
- I was up at 5:00 or 5:30 going out to the smokehouse for ham, cooking hominy grits, and making biscuits.
- We're not sure if Martin had anything to do with it, but we did find traces of hominy grits mixed in with the samples.
shortened from Virginia Algonquian uskatahomen.
More definitions of hominyDefinition of hominy in:
- The US English dictionary