Having the same centre.
- Many of the early commentators believed that Plato was the inspiration for Eudoxus's representation of planetary motion by his system of homocentric spheres.
- He is a strong supporter of Eudoxus's theory of homocentric spheres which consisted of a number of rotating spheres, each sphere rotating about an axis through the centre of the Earth.
- This rare spectacle surprised both local residents and travelers on International Labour Day as they saw the shining sun surrounded by two bright homocentric circles.
Another term for anthropocentric. a homocentric attitude to nature
More example sentences
- In his book he expressed this homocentric notion clearly.
- Far from reflecting some underlying natural system, Cuvier's use of the nervous system in his classification schemes had a homocentric starting point.
- For all their claims to being the guardians of life, the truth is that they're at least as homocentric as anyone else.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.