- Having the same centre.More example sentences
- Many of the early commentators believed that Plato was the inspiration for Eudoxus's representation of planetary motion by his system of homocentric spheres.
- He is a strong supporter of Eudoxus's theory of homocentric spheres which consisted of a number of rotating spheres, each sphere rotating about an axis through the centre of the Earth.
- This rare spectacle surprised both local residents and travelers on International Labour Day as they saw the shining sun surrounded by two bright homocentric circles.
- another term for anthropocentric. a homocentric attitude to natureMore example sentences
- In his book he expressed this homocentric notion clearly.
- Far from reflecting some underlying natural system, Cuvier's use of the nervous system in his classification schemes had a homocentric starting point.
- For all their claims to being the guardians of life, the truth is that they're at least as homocentric as anyone else.