Definition of homogeny in English:
1 another term for homogeneity (see homogeneous).
- You can hear the eclecticism throughout the record, and though it's always refreshing to hear less homogeny in hip-hop, it has more of a scattered feel than was probably intentional.
- The Lower East Side is no longer a bourgeoisie frontier but has become the destination for a customer seeking liberation from the confines of New York homogeny.
- For many, Nirvana was the last big band that mattered, a highly critical and credible force in an industry that thrives more and more on homogeny.
2 Biology , dated Similarity due to common descent.
- To counter these problems Spemann reintroduced Lankester's original distinction between homogeny and homoplasy.
- In Lankester's definition homogeny refers to those aspects of homology that can be traced directly to the common ancestor.
Definition of homogeny in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan