Definition of homologate in English:
1Approve (a car, engine, etc.) for sale in a particular market or use in a particular class of racing.
- Significantly, it is the first Irish rally to feature over one hundred homologated cars on its entry list, including over thirty versions of the Subaru Impreza alone.
- Both PG Andersson and Guy Wilks drove for one day each during the test, which was aimed at refining the specification of the Swift and ensuring complete reliability before the car is homologated next month.
- We can homologate the complete car - take it from just after the design phase to production, even bringing the cars into the dealership network.
2 formal Express agreement with or approval of: one body of patrons elected the teacher, the others afterwards homologating the appointment
More example sentences
- The Quebec Superior Court homologated the decision of the arbitrator.
- He decided that he needed to stay around and earn money, especially after he and Pete had to pay a total of $700 to the National Aeronautic Association and other bodies to homologate their joint world record.
- To get this permit, you need to be authorised to exercise such an activity in France (i.e. have the corresponding and homologated professional qualifications).
- Example sentences
- ‘The car is ready for homologation,’ he said, declining to name those who have expressed their interest in owning the car.
- The hard work in achieving homologation is over - now our hard work of racing begins.
- The new firm's services will include prototyping, production analysis, performance testing and vehicle homologation for particular markets.
Definition of homologate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan