verb[with object] • formal
- Make or show to have the same relation, relative position, or structure: the shifting points of view that homologize disparate experiences as versions of the same eventMore example sentences
- Unable to homologize the head structures he found with those of other fishes, he gave each its own new name - in Greek.
- Within our current understanding of sponge structure, few authors would homologize the choanocyte epithelium of sponges with the lining of the gut in other animals.
- Still others have homologized the flight stroke with a predatory strike used for prey capture or an aquatic swimming motion.
More definitions of homologizeDefinition of homologize in:
- The US English dictionary