Definition of homopolar in English:
1Having equal or constant electrical polarity.
- In order for the homopolar motor to fully exploit the advantages of reduced size and weight, the field coils must be superconducting.
- When I was trying to understand homopolar machines recently, it was wonderful to find your ‘balancing D-cell’ homopolar motor at the end of this page.
- The magnetizing flux of a hybrid motor flows along the rotor axis, while the mechanism for rotor suspension is the same as that of the homopolar magnetic bearing.
1.1(Of an electric generator) producing direct current without the use of commutators.
- Figure 1 is a sectioned isometric view showing a homopolar generator.
- I currently have measured results from a simple homopolar design I am using to experiment with.
- Each roller magnet in the Searl device is a small homopolar generator and the entire set of rollers create a radial Lorentz force too.
Definition of homopolar in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.