- 1Having equal or constant electrical polarity.More example sentences
- In order for the homopolar motor to fully exploit the advantages of reduced size and weight, the field coils must be superconducting.
- When I was trying to understand homopolar machines recently, it was wonderful to find your ‘balancing D-cell’ homopolar motor at the end of this page.
- The magnetizing flux of a hybrid motor flows along the rotor axis, while the mechanism for rotor suspension is the same as that of the homopolar magnetic bearing.
- 1.1(Of an electric generator) producing direct current without the use of commutators.More example sentences
- Figure 1 is a sectioned isometric view showing a homopolar generator.
- I currently have measured results from a simple homopolar design I am using to experiment with.
- Each roller magnet in the Searl device is a small homopolar generator and the entire set of rollers create a radial Lorentz force too.
More definitions of homopolarDefinition of homopolar in:
- The US English dictionary