- Denoting sets of speech sounds that are produced using the same vocal organs, e.g. p, b, and m.More example sentences
- If a stop is shortly followed by a homorganic fricative, or vice versa, the calculation will be slightly wrong.
- For example [p b], [t n], [k, x] are all homorganic pairs of sounds.
- The loss of dental [d] is analogous to the loss of labial [b] in that both occurred in homorganic clusters, although the loss of the dental is less systematic.
More definitions of homorganicDefinition of homorganic in:
- The US English dictionary