Definition of homosexual in English:
1Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
- After the Righter trial, the way was open for bishops to ordain sexually active homosexual persons if they so chose.
- Baker became the first jazz musician to attract a strong homosexual following.
- According to the police, he posted the photos in an effort to attract homosexual admirers.
1.1Involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the same sex: homosexual desire
More example sentences
- As the most honest revisionists admit, the Bible has nothing good to say about homosexual sexual acts.
- Britain had decriminalized homosexual acts in private between consenting adults in the Sexual Offenses Act 1967.
- Sexual temptation, including homosexual temptation, is not sinful.
nounBack to top
A person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex.
- As in other parts of the world, this issue also concerns homosexuals and lesbians.
- No longer can homosexuals or lesbians be stigmatized as sexual deviants by the law.
- Ministers have decided to give homosexuals the same protection as that enjoyed by ethnic minorities and the disabled.
Australian informal wonk
South African informal , derogatory moffie
- Example sentences
- As I may be heterosexually hard-wired, you may be hard-wired homosexually.
- Of these, only 5% reported being homosexually active in the past year.
- In a sample of 930 homosexually active men, Hickson et al. reported that 27.6% had been subjected to unwanted sexual contact at some point in their lives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan