A spiny tree of the pea family, grown as an ornamental for its fern-like foliage.
- Genus Gleditsia, family Leguminosae: several species
More example sentences
- American elm, honey locust, and box elder line the small creek, whose waters ultimately flow into the Iowa River.
- When you're here, head straight to the honey locust tree, which stood right next to our 16th president on that cold, fateful day in November 1863.
- These extinct American herbivores once dispersed the seeds of such big-fruited plants as honey locust, Kentucky coffee tree, and Osage orange, all of which produce fruits that no native animal today regards as food.
Definition of honey locust in:
- The US English dictionary