1A small bird of the Old World tropics which feeds chiefly on beeswax and bee grubs. Two African kinds attract humans and other mammals, especially honey badgers, to bee nests.
- Family Indicatoridae: four genera, especially Indicator
More example sentences
- Unlike certain avian brood parasites, such as cuckoos and honeyguides, hatchling brown-headed cowbirds rarely directly destroy or actively displace host eggs and nestlings.
- We also have a lesser honeyguide in our garden forest, a species prone to use woodhoopoes and other hole nesting birds as their host.
- All species of honeyguide eat beeswax and honeycomb.
Definition of honeyguide in:
- The US English dictionary